Tuesday, May 29, 2012
I am SUPER EXCITED to let you know that we have completed our Design Team search and wanted to introduce you to our very first Loves Rubberstamps Design Team!
I have been doing fine art, crafting, sewing, knitting, collaging and photography for as long as I remember. My style changes as the wind blows. I used to rage against this while trying to carve my “niche” so to speak but I’ve learned to love how versatile my taste can be, ever changing and ever evolving. I am a stay at home, 39 year old Mother of two super, extra-delicious, fantastic children ages 7.5 and 6 respectively; I have a loving and supportive husband of 15 years along with an awesome dog named Katie. I have always loved making things with my hands. I specifically ADORE making cards, scrappy projects and alterable creations. I find inspiration EVERWHERE. I consider myself very blessed to be able to do what I LOVE every single day!
My name is Olivia Marmara. I am a soon to be 35 year old (Gemini baby!) who resides in New Jersey, USA with my hubby of nearly 10 years, three daughters 8, 5 and 3 and my two four legged children AKA: my dogs. Though I have loved crafting via drawing, writing, or cross-stitching since I was young, I only began to start scrapbooking/card making in 2008 after being hooked by an Cricut infomercial. I have found over time that I most enjoy using rubberstamps over digis and still love to crank-up my Cricut for alot of my projects as well. My other passions are singing where I sing in a community choir, animal rescue as a foster parent for puppies for local animal rescue in NJ and Girl Scouts (I am a troop leader for two different troops for my oldest and middle). I am primarily a SAHM for my girls but do work per-diem every other weekend nights as an emergency room social worker in the hospital. I am SUPER EXCITED to be a part of this design team with a fabulous store that carries some of my favorite rubberstamps. I look forward to a great term with a group of VERY talented women who I am honored to be chosen to be a part of.
My name is Lisa and I am from Vacaville, CA a small”ish” suburb near the San Francisco bay area. I am a full time student working towards my bachelor’s degree in European History. I have been married for 3 years. My wonderful husband Nick is in law enforcement for the State of California and works odd shifts, those are the times I sneak off to my stamp room. He not only supports this addiction, oops I mean “hobby,” 110%, but he is also my number one fan. We only have our adorable fur-baby Spike and he is the light of our lives. I started stamping in July 2007 when my stepmom showed me some of her stamping stuff. We stamped for 4 hours and the rest is history. I soon became an avid follower of Splitcoast Stampers and started trying all different companies out there. When not stamping I enjoy reading, wine tasting in Napa, going to concerts, musicals, ballet and to the movies. I love designing and I am honored to be a part of this design team!
My name is Jacqueline Smith. I’m from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I’m a 47 year old widow with a 17 year old son name Cameron plus a cute yellow Lab name Sarah. As long as I can remember, I have done something crafty since I was 10 years old. First it was macramé, then cross stitching, candle making and painting. Then I discovered rubber stamping/ scrapbooking 10 years ago when my son was quite young. I love the creative outlet it has given me to make cards or to scrapbook the perfect photo. I put my heart into every detail of the cards I create, which varies from unique cards that have a simplicity to the, to more elaborate cards that are engaging and detailed. My cards are unique with emphasis on the exquisite detail for every occasion and no two cards are exactly alike. I have this obsession about having to be on top of the latest gadgets that hit the market when the CHA comes out twice a year. So I have quite the collection of dies, stamps, inks, markers and paper which helps me come up with the most meticulous card or scrapbook page.
Besides card making I love to paint in oils and love to dabble in color pencil. I’m a Horticulturist and I run an Interior Plant Maintenance company with my Dad which gave me a lot of flexibility to be with my son when he came home from school.
I am a Christian wife, mother of three, and grammy to one beautiful baby girl and of course I can't leave out our shih tzu Willis, now that my children are out of the nest he has become the baby. I currently reside in the beautiful state of Colorado but but born and raised a Carolina girl. I am a cancer survivor of 9 years and a lover of life and all things paper. I have been crafting in some form since childhood and enjoy blessing others with the talents God has given me.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of our applicant's! We had a lot of very talented people apply and it was very hard for us to choose. I wish it was feasible to accept everyone! I am really proud of the team we have selected and I believe that these 5 very talented ladies will put out some amazing things for you to be inspired by! I look forward to working with each and everyone of them!
Be sure to check out our first Loves Rubberstamps Blog Challenge on Tuesday - June 5th featuring our Design Team members!
Have a wonderful day! - Laura
Tuesday, May 8, 2012
This Design Team Term will be from June 1st through September 30th. We will be accepting 4 positions and will announce our selection on May 29th.
Please e-mail your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 25th, 2012 with Design Team Application in the subject line.
Please include in your email:
Your contact info (full name, address, phone number and email)
Your Blog or Website Address
Splitcoaststampers Gallery Link or other online gallery link if you have any
Any Current or Past Design Teams you were on (You do not need DT experience)
Also attach JPEG photos of 3 projects that showcase your best work.
All applications are due by May 25, 2012, 12:00 AM CST. We are looking for designers that can meet deadlines and follow directions so please include all requested information.
Here are our Design Team Requirements:
* You must have an active and established blog that you post to regularly throughout the week
* Items you create MUST BE made using stamps from companies that we carry in our store! We prefer that it is made using a stamp that is in our current product inventory, but if that is not possible it must be a current stamp available from the company so we can get it ordered and added. We add new companies and products routinely and you will be notified in advance when we will be adding a new company.
* You will be required to create at least 2 projects per week. One will be showcased on the Company Blog and Facebook Page, the other will be for our weekly challenges. BOTH projects must be sent via email by SUNDAY for the upcoming week’s postings.
** Your first 2 projects must be sent to us by SUNDAY JUNE 3rd for the first week’s postings! **
* You will be required to post your 2 projects on your blog and also your online gallery if you have one. The challenge project must be posted on Tuesdays with information about playing along with appropriate links. Your 2nd project that will be featured on the company blog and Facebook page will need to be posted on your blog on your assigned day of the week. We will be showcasing your project on both sites with links to your posting. This day will be determined together after members are chosen.
* You will be required to participate in the Loves Rubberstamps challenges – we have new ones every Tuesday. You will also be asked to leave comments on participant’s blog posts that feature their challenge entry.
* We also encourage, but don’t require, that during your term promotion of the store outside of your two projects. When you use products that can be purchased from the store we would appreciate the acknowledgement and/or links in your blog posting.
* We also encourage participating in Splitcoaststampers challenges using products available in our store again with acknowledgement and/or links in your blog posting.
What you'll receive:
* The Loves Rubberstamps Design Team badge for your blog.
* You will receive a 40% discount on all products purchased in our store for use in creating your projects during your term.
* Consideration for extended contracts as they become available.
Any questions please email Laura: email@example.com
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Make a card or other papercraft project, Scrapbook page, 3D item whatever you prefer, that has a pretty flower on it. Think handmade flowers, stamp images of flowers, flower embellishments, punch flowers - any type of flower you want!
How to play:
Just upload a creation that follows this week's challenge to your online blog or gallery. Then leave a link to your project in the linky widget at the bottom of this post. If you upload to online galleries, please also use the tag or keyword LRSBC2. Our challenge is open to everyone, you can use any stamps and products that you would like and you can enter as many times as you want.
The linky entry widget will close at 11PM CST on Monday, May 7th so all entries need to be in before then.
One lucky participant will be chosen using a random number generator and will win a gift voucher for use at our store, Loves Rubberstamps... AND if the winner uses a stamp image created by a company that we carry in our store... They will have the chance to be our GUEST DESIGNER and HOSTESS of our Blog Challenge for the week of May 15th. As Hostess YOU would get to choose what are challenge is that week :)
The more people we have play... the bigger our gift vouchers will be so be sure and tell your friends and spread the news :)
Gift Voucher Amounts:
1 - 30 Entries = $10.00
31 - 60 Entries = $20.00
61 - 99 Entries = $30.00
100 and up = $50.00
WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED WITH THE NEW CHALLENGE ON TUESDAY MAY 8th!
Here is a card I created for a little inspiration...